· In any industrial production process, variation of raw materials takes place.
· Significant variations affect the production process negatively
· Any mineral production process is optimized to neutralize variations and doesn’t work in optimal regime
Therefore, in mineral production, a typical technological task consists in stabilizing properties of the raw materials
· Periodic pin-pointed measurements miss the variation of batch parameters.
· Average measurements over a long time period do not provide enough information.
· Lab analysis for the 24/7 real-time process control is impossible.
· Laboratory data does not allow online control of the production process
When a process has significant variations, real time data can be more important than very high accuracy at individual points.