Magnesite ore beneficiation
Many magnesite deposits now are contaminated with Si-, Ca-, Fe- contained minerals such as diabase, dolomite, siderite etc. High concentration of Si, Ca, Fe in the burned powder for firebricks is the main reason of reduction of firebricks stability and furnace-lining life, claims from customers.
Under the circumstances main tasks of the magnesium ores beneficiation are:
· to make rejection decisions in case of contamination’s concentration is above preliminary specified limits
· to make immediate rejection decisions in case of serious but temporary contaminations, such as large pieces of dead rock (1,2 m), which, after being crushed, appear as 15-30 meter long segments on the conveyor belt and which can significantly affect the quality of the final product
· selection of material with minimal level of contamination for further manufacturing of firebricks
The analyzer, installed above the conveyor belt with crushed ore, transfers in real-time mode the data on the average composition of the ore to the enterprise’s SCADA system, which controls the operating mode of the sorting equipment (diverter flap valve). Interface with the existing SCADA systems is possible through any currently used standards (analog signal 4-20 mA, Excel file, MySQL, MSSQL, OPC server).
Economic benefits of implementing the on-line analyzer in sorting of magnesite ore
· Increased amount of higher quality burned powder for firebrick manufacturing
· Smaller number of claims for replacement due to the rejection of off-grade raw materials and contaminations
For further information please contact us.